A poster session at the AMP Global Congress is the presentation of current research information by the first author of an accepted abstract determined by the Global Organizing Committee. Poster sessions offer the opportunity for delegates to learn about a specific research outcome with respect to molecular diagnostics in more detail, as well as conduct back-and-forth discussions with the potential for future collaborations. Additionally, first authors of selected abstracts will be invited to present during a programmed scientific session.
The research presented as posters at the AMP Global Congress from the abstracts published as an online supplement to the March 2017 issue of JMD is embargoed until the first day of poster presentations at the Global Congress.
Poster Size Requirement: All posters must be prepared in DIN A0 size (841 × 1189 mm), portrait format. AMP reserves the right to remove posters that exceed the size requirement.
Required Elements of the poster are as follows:
- Introduction / Background: a brief discussion of the background or rationale of the study and/or the question addressed
- Materials and Methods: the experimental approach, materials, and methods used in the study
- Results: the data and results obtained in the study
- Conclusions: the conclusions and/or implications of the results
- References and Acknowledgements
Including the Abstract is optional unless the scientific content has been altered since its submission. If substantive changes to the data and/or conclusions have been made since the abstract was submitted, the following must accompany the poster presentation:
- a clear notice in the poster content stating that the abstract has been revised since submission, and
- the revised abstract must either be printed on the poster itself or posted as a separate document on the poster board.
POSTER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE
Posters must be attended by the Presenting Author during their assigned time period(s). Please note that award applicants are required to attend their posters at two time periods: (1) one for the committee judging posters and (2) the other for meeting attendees. Authors will be notified of their assigned time(s) in the abstract acceptance notice, which will be emailed to the Corresponding Author no later than mid-January.